[openstack-dev] [kolla] [tripleo] [openstack-ansible] [deployment] Collaboration at PTG

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Thu Aug 17 15:04:01 UTC 2017

On 17/08/17 07:30 -0700, Emilien Macchi wrote:
>Hey folks,
>
>As usual, we'll meet in Denver and I hope we can spend some time
>together (in a meeting room first) to have face to face discussions on
>the recent topics that we had.
>Right now, TripleO sessions are not scheduled in our agenda, so we're
>pretty flexible: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ptg-queens
>
>I would like to propose one topic (happy to coordinate the discussion)
>on some efforts regarding doing configuration management with Ansible,
>and k8s integration as well.
>Flavio made some progress [1] - I really hope we can make progress here.
>
>[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-July/119696.html
>
>If you're working on Kolla / OpenStack-Ansible - please let us know if
>you have specific constraints on the schedule, so we can maybe block a
>timeslot in the agenda from now.
>We'll have a "Packaging" room which is reserved for all topics related
>to OpenStack deployments, so we can use this one.
>
>Looking forward to meeting you at PTG!
>Thanks,

Just want to raise my hand to help driving some of these conversations.

I'd love to see some sessions around collaborating with other teams. Some ideas
that we've discussed in the past could use some more discussions. For example:

- Configuration management
- Sharing playbooks with kolla
- Kubernetes based jobs
  - What's there?
  - What can be shared?

Going to add these points to the etherpad,
Flavio

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco