[openstack-dev] [horizon] Multi-region support in shared Keystone service deployment

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 22:03:38 UTC 2017

Hi, Horizon developers,

In our OpenStack based public cloud(Catalyst Cloud), Keystone is a shared
identity service across 3 regions, our customers have been asking for the
feature that they could select their preferred region when they log in
Horizon, rather than switching region each time after login.

Unfortunately, the existing 'AVAILABLE_REGIONS' only works with
multi-keystone, multi-region environment, so for backward compatibility and
getting rid of potential confusion, a new config option named
'AVAILABLE_SERVICE_REGIONS' was introduced in my patch[1][2], the setting
is supposed to be configured by the cloud operators and the
'AVAILABLE_REGIONS' setting will take precedence over
'AVAILABLE_SERVICE_REGIONS'.

I am sending this email to ask for more feedback, and do I need to propose
a feature spec before the code is actually being reviewed?

[1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/494083/
[2]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/494059/

Cheers,
Lingxian Kong (Larry)