[openstack-dev] [tc] Declaring explicit minimum database versions

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Wed Aug 16 00:36:45 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-15 11:59 AM, Monty Taylor wrote:
> stabbing himself in the eyes yesterday

I find it interesting that I was just about to read this article:
https://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2017/08/15/boys-and-men-must-do-the-right-thing-it-will-save-female-lives.html
when I noticed Monty posted and wanted to read what he had to say.

I still wonder what it will take for leaders in this tech community to
hold themselves to some sort of account when deciding what language to
use in work situations.

I am not of the opinion that Monty was advocating violence towards
anyone. But I do feel the article makes a strong point in that language
choice matters and normalizing violence is unhealthy if we want to reach
our stated goals of beneficial gender interactions, including those
where gender is not front of mind in the interaction.

As for the issue of databases, I hope for Morgan's wellbeing a solution
can be found.

Thank you,
Anita.