[openstack-dev] [api] [tc] Nominatimg Eric Fried for service-types-authority core

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Mon Aug 14 21:31:17 UTC 2017

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017, Brant Knudson wrote:

> I don't even have time to keep up with emails to -dev lately, so go ahead
> and remove me as a core reviewer here.

Done. Thanks.

> I likely wouldn't work on this going
> forward since I'm not even sure why we have a service catalog. Shouldn't we
> be using something used throughout the industry (consul, for example)?

What we name the keys in a thing which performs the function of
service (which is the primary role of service-types-authority) is
orthogonal to the technology we use to host those keys and values.

I agree that if we were starting fresh, it would make sense to use a
common or "standard" tool. But we've got a giant precedent now.

--
Chris Dent                      (⊙_⊙')         https://anticdent.org/