[openstack-dev] [keystone] rc2 updates

Morgan Fainberg morgan.fainberg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 23:26:54 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Lance Bragstad <lbragstad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the update.
>
> Outside of the docs patches, we made some good progress on a bug 1702211
> (reported as https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1703917 and
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1702211 but we have reason to
> believe they are caused by the same issue).
>
> Morgan is currently working on a fix and we've targeted bug 1702211 to rc2.
> I'll keep an eye out for the translations patch and make sure that lands
> before we cut the next release candidate.
>
> On 08/11/2017 12:02 PM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>
> Lance Bragstad wrote:
>
> We rolled out rc1 last night [0], but missed a couple important
> documentation patches and release notes [1]. I'll propose rc2 as soon as
> those merge.
>
> Note that we'll have to refresh the RC with translations updates closer
> to the release anyway (start of R-1 week), so if it's just
> doc/releasenotes updates, I'd advise you to wait a bit before cutting RC2.
>
> Regards,

Initial patch for the password created_at/expires_at change is here:
https://review.openstack.org/493259 now waiting for review. It has
been cherry-picked to stable/pike as well. This likely will need a
couple more passes. Due to the complexity it only addresses the
password created_at/expires_at columns. I will look into other cases
of keystone storing datetime objects as a possible RC bug (in revoke
events specifically) once I get a little time to see how this change
works as is.

--Morgan