[openstack-dev] [all][barbican][freezer][horizon][karbor][keystone][mistral][nova][pack-deb][refstack][solum][storlets][swift][tacker][telemetry][watcher][zaqar] Last days for PTL candidate announcements

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Fri Aug 11 15:02:51 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-11 10:21 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2017-08-11 09:37:08 +0200 (+0200), Flavio Percoco wrote:
>> On 10/08/17 14:04 -0400, Anita Kuno wrote:
> [...]
>>> Also to clarify, the election officials serve the TC, not the other
>>> way around.
>> I would like to clarify this sentence, though. I do not think the
>> election officials serve the TC, neither the TC serves the
>> election officials. Both bodies serve the community and the
>> processes defined by it.
> [...]
>
> It's more accurate to say that the election officials are *appointed
> by* the TC, but I agree we're all here to serve the community. In
> the particular matter of identifying leaderless teams, the election
> officials are definitely acting as advisors to the TC, and I can see
> how it might be taken as a bit demeaning to imply that it makes them
> servants of the TC. They are charged with reporting these findings
> to the TC however, so in a sense that is a form of servitude.
> Basically, you're both correct depending on how you look at it. ;)

I'm not sure how the phrase "to serve" has become equated with the
phrase "to be demeaned" but it is a leap I don't make myself.

I consider to be of service to be a privilege and an honour. I was
honoured to serve the TC as an election official, I guess it is my
mistake in believing that others would value the same honour.

Thanks,
Anita.