[openstack-dev] [requirements][I18n][OpenStackClient][Quality Assurance][Security][Telemetry][ec2-api][heat][horizon][ironic][kuryr][magnum][manila][monasca][murano][neutron][octavia][senlin][solum][swift][tacker][tricircle][vitrage][watcher][winstackers][zun] Help needed

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Aug 10 23:01:23 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-11 08:49:18 +1000 (+1000), Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 07:22:56PM +0900, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
[...]
> > I am not sure that projects not under the TC governance can use
> > openstack/releases repo. Is the openstack/release repo for
> > projects under the governance?
>
> I didn't think that was the rule but it's certainly been said
> enough in the last 24 hours that it probably is correct.
>
> With that in mind we'd do better if there was a process for
> Openstack Hosted projects to follow.
>
> Perhaps they could maintain a
> 'deliverables/<series>/<project>.yaml in their own repo that would
> mirror (but probably get out od sync with, openstack/releases.
> From a requirements POV I just need somewheer to look for data on
> the projects that are managed but not official.

Yes, it comes up often enough and as far as I'm aware reviewers
haven't previously rejected unofficial projects who want to receive
requirements updates. There are definitely projects who don't want
to (or for license reasons perhaps even can't) be official teams but
would still like their dependencies to remain compatible with those
of official OpenStack deliverables.
--
Jeremy Stanley