[openstack-dev] [requirements][I18n][OpenStackClient][Quality Assurance][Security][Telemetry][ec2-api][heat][horizon][ironic][kuryr][magnum][manila][monasca][murano][neutron][octavia][senlin][solum][swift][tacker][tricircle][vitrage][watcher][winstackers][zun] Help needed

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 10:22:56 UTC 2017

Tony,

Thanks for taking care.

> The following repos don't seem to use the openstack/releases repo so I
> have less information there.

Most of them are projects not under the governance (so-called "hosted"
or "unofficial" projects),
so I am not sure there is a good way to handle them.

I can comment some of them which I am involved in deeply.

> i18n                                               I18n

At now, i18n repo is a part of governance but this is a project which
has no need to cut a release,
so it always follows the master branch of the requirements repo.
It is not a blocker for opening the master branch in the requirements repo.

> neutron-vpnaas
> neutron-vpnaas-dashboard

These projects are neutron related and horizon plugin.
We will do same things for other neutron stadium and horizon plugin projects.

IMHO we don't need to take care of them much.

> python-openstacksdk

python-openstackclient depends on this, so we need to cut stable/branch
from the latest release. The status of the project is being discussed
in the ML thread,
but I believe we need to cut a stable branch. On the other hand, I
think it does not
block the opening of the master of the requirements repo as the latest
release of
python-openstacksdk is enough for Pike release of OSC.

> It'd be great to get some of these repos represented in
> openstack/releases.  Having a confirmed release-model would go a long
> way to clearing up the list. An alternate approach would be to remove
> redundant items from projects.txt

I am not sure that projects not under the TC governance can use
openstack/releases repo.
Is the openstack/release repo for projects under the governance?

Thanks,
Akihiro