[openstack-dev] [all][infra]Plan to support Python 3.6 ?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Aug 9 16:46:44 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-09 09:31:37 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
[...]
> One of the reasons we were able to move ahead with 3.5 was that it
> would be available on the platforms for which we test deployments,
> as defined in the CTI [5]. Are Ubuntu LTS and CentOS shipping
> Python 3.6?
[...]

Yes, we ran early 3.3 testing on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with the aid of
some backported packages but this was far from ideal. Proper support
for 3.4 testing came with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS which included it
directly in the package archive, and then we switched to testing
against 3.5 when Ubuntu 16.04 became available installing it by
default. The Ubuntu python3.6 packages started appearing after 16.04
was out the door, and so looks like it will be generally available
to us once Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is released and we can start using it as
a basis for CI jobs (likely in Q2 of next year, so probably during
OpenStack's "Rocky" release cycle).
--
Jeremy Stanley