[openstack-dev] [docs] importing openstack-manuals questions, looking for strategies

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Aug 9 14:34:08 UTC 2017

On 08/09/2017 09:53 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
<snip>

> The option discovery stuff in oslo.config works using entry point
> plugins. oslo.vmware doesn't defined any plugins for the oslo.config.opts
> namespace.
>
> Doug

Some more interacting debugging with Doug, and this is what I discovered.

* oslo.vmware wasn't actually what I wanted, it was nova.conf.vmware
* in order for nova.conf.vmware to be a valid reference it needs an
entry point in setup.cfg -
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/338ae5ef97ab7dac0831fe4e641be0d2a838b61c/setup.cfg#L30
* for that entry point to work, nova.conf.vmware needs a list_opts
function. Which we have, but it does not provide the expected format for
the importer

The net of it is that we can't use this method without changes in the
nova tree that are probably not worth it during the freeze period
(especially as a lot of this imported documentation is going to need
some heavy pruning / editing next cycle to get into shape).

For now it's just a copy and paste of the old opts.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net