[openstack-dev] [python-openstackclient][python-openstacksdk][neutron] supporting resource extensions with our CLI

Boden Russell bodenvmw at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 17:46:43 UTC 2017

On 8/8/17 10:29 AM, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> My reply applies to 'resource' extension but does not apply to
> 'attribute extension'

My apologies for using confusing terminology; as you pointed out we
don't currently have a good solution for attribute extensions with OSC
and I've tried to outline the technicals in the RFE style bug [1] where
I hope we can continue this discussion.

python-neutronclient does support these attribute extensions, but as of
today neutronclient gives deprecation warnings when used; so users are
"concerned" when they see this and we don't have a complete story for
OSC. Perhaps we can suppress those deprecations until we figure out a
path forward?

Thanks

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1705755