[openstack-dev] [nova][docs] Concerns with docs migration

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Aug 7 21:04:33 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017, at 01:44 PM, Clark Boylan wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 2, 2017, at 11:37 AM, Sean Dague wrote:

> > > The infra team can generate lists of 404 urls fairly easily on the docs
> > > server. This won't show you everything but will show you what urls
> > > people are finding/using that 404.
> >
> > If we could get a weekly report of 404 urls posted somewhere public,
> > that would be extremely useful, because the easy ones based on git
> > renames are done, and everything else is going to require human
> > inspection to figure out what the right landing target is.
> >

> I've pushed https://review.openstack.org/#/c/490175/ which will generate
> a report each day for roughly the last day's worth of 404s. You should
> be able to see them at https://docs.openstack.org/404s once the change
> merges and the cron job fires.
>
> You can see what that will look like (from my test runs) at
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/617322/. Note that this isn't a complete
> file because paste.openstack.org truncated it but you'll get the full
> data from the wbeserver once this change merges.

http://files.openstack.org/docs-404s/ is now live (note it moved to
http://files.openstack.org/docs-404s because that is where we are
hosting raw bits of utility info for this hosting service). The current
content there was just generated by running the scripts manually, but it
should update daily at 0700UTC going forward.

Hope this helps,
Clark