[openstack-dev] [keystone][api] Backwards incompatible changes based on config

Kevin L. Mitchell klmitch at mit.edu
Fri Aug 4 21:43:07 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-08-04 at 16:45 -0400, Kristi Nikolla wrote:
> Is this the case even if we haven’t made any final release with the change
> that introduced this issue? [0]
>
> It was only included in the Pike milestones and betas so far, and was not
> part of the Ocata release.

Maybe not, but please do recall that there are many deployers out there
that track master, not fixed releases, so we need to take that level of
compatibility into account.

> Therefore the call which now returns a 403 in master, returned a 2xx in
> Ocata. So we would be fixing something which is broken on master rather
> than changing a ‘contract’.
>
> 0. https://github.com/openstack/keystone/commit/51d5597df729158d15b71e2ba80ab103df5d55f8

I would be inclined to accept this specific change as a bug fix not
requiring a version bump, because it is a corner case that I believe a
deployer would view as a bug, if they encountered it, and because it
was introduced prior to a named final release.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <klmitch at mit.edu>