[openstack-dev] [Cinder] string freeze exception for VMAX driver

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 17:52:57 UTC 2017

Hello Sean,

For soft string freezes as a translator's view, trying the way you
suggested for server projects would be good assuming that:
- The volume of changes (e.g., the number of sentences, ratio of
changes) needs to be properly limited
- The string change needs to be well notified to translators (e.g.,
sharing to openstack-i18n mailing list)
- It would be so nice if I18n team can keep track of original string
changes in Zanata - translate.openstack.org but
   currently it is not easy unfortunately.

For hard string freezes, in my honest opinion, it is difficult to change
the current policy
because some translation sync support activities for a stable branch in
openstack-infra [1] and
addition of a stable version in translate.openstack.org [2] are dealt.

 From those views, I would like to discuss more opinions and would we
try better approach from the next development cycle
with agreement for server projects?

With many thanks,

/Ian

[1]