[openstack-dev] [magnum] PTL Candidacy for Queens

Spyros Trigazis strigazi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 14:48:43 UTC 2017

Hello!

I would like to nominate myself as PTL for the Magnum project for the
Queens cycle.

I have been consistently contributing to Magnum since February 2016
and I am a core reviewer since August 2016. Since then, I have
contributed to significant features like cluster drivers, add Magnum
tests to Rally (I'm core reviewer to rally to help the rally team with
Magnum related reviews), wrote Magnum's installation tutorial and
served as docs liaison for the project. My latest contribution is the
swarm-mode cluster driver. I have been the release liaison for Magnum
for Pike and I have contributed a lot in Magnum's CI jobs (adding
multi-node, DIB and new driver jobs, I haven't managed to add Magnum
in CentOS CI yet :( but we have granted access). Finally, I have been
working closely with other projects consumed by Magnum like Heat and
Fedora Atomic.

My plans for Queens are to contribute and guide other contributors to:
* Finalize and stabilize the very much wanted feature for cluster
  upgrades.
* Add functionality to heal clusters from a failed state.
* Add functionality for federated Kubernetes clusters and potentially
  other cluster types.
* Add Kuryr as a network driver.

Thanks for considering me,
Spyros Trigazis