[openstack-dev] [Blazar] PTL Candidacy for Queens

Masahito MUROI muroi.masahito at lab.ntt.co.jp
Fri Aug 4 08:50:37 UTC 2017

Dear everyone,

I'd like to announce my candidacy as Blazar PTL for the Queens release
cycle.

I served as PTL for the Blazar project during Pike cycle. And I would
like to continue to do in the next cycle.

During the Pike cycle, the Blazar team made tons of progress for
resolving feedback by operators as well as implementing the Blazar
features and bug fixes.  The team has made v1 API more manageable for
users, implemented Horizon plugin and the instance reservation support.
The big improvement was supported by the development cycle between
operators and developers.

In the Queens cycle I'd like to focus on the following things:

- Blazar's Features: improving resiliency and user experience

The Blazar started to support 2 types of reservation, host reservation
and instance reservation, from Pike release.  The two reservation
features are motivated by real users. In the real deployment, resiliency
is one of key points for the reservation service.

Additionally, the team mainly focused on server-side developments during
the last two cycle. The development made the blazar server and its
features stable. So it's good time to improve the user experience of the
stable feature in the next cycle.

- Community: Encouraging the team to be more diverse

The team's activities in the Pike cycle become 1.5 times bigger than the
Ocata cycle. Beside the big growth, most of the activities were done by
the team members who revived the project since the Barcelona Summit.

Different perspectives from people who have different backgrounds and
demands make good developments in the next or later release. So I'd like
to encourage more people to join this team.

best regards,
Masahito