[openstack-dev] [Elections] Candidacy for Senlin PTL (Queens)

YUAN RUIJIE cnjie0616 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 06:58:40 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'd like to announce my candidacy as Senlin PTL in Queens cycle.

I began to contribute to Senlin project since 2016.05 and joined the
team as a core reviewer in Ocata cycle. It is my pleasure to work
with the great team to make this project better and better, and we
will keep moving and look forward to push Senlin to the next level.

In past cycles, we have done a lot of great works. As a clustering
service, we already can handle some resource types like nova
server, heat stack .etc. What's more, we already have some small
steps for supporting NFV & k8s use cases.

In next cycle, which is Queens, I'd like to focus on the tasks as follows:

- Improve runtime data processing inside Senlin server
- Improved AZ & Region placement policy
- Improved health policy to provide HA support
- A better support to NFV use cases
- Add support to k8s use cases
- A stronger team to push Senlin to next level

These are the tasks that I believe I can help. All ideas are welcomed.

Sincerely,
Ruijie Yuan (ruijie)