[openstack-dev] VMWare Type Snapshot for Openstack 4.3

Tom Kennedy kennedto at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 3 20:16:31 UTC 2017

All

I would like to add an a new tab the the instance panel in Horizon that
will allow me to  manage VMWare type snapshots (take a snapshots, revert
to a snapshot and delete a snapshot) .    I see that this is implemented
in nova(nova/api/openstack/compute/contrib/server_snapshot.py) , but is
not available in Horizon.

Has someone done that an can share the procedure for doing this? Or is
there a guide that shows how to implement something like this.

Note, a VMWare snapshot is not the same as an Openstack snapshot.

     Tom Kennedy
     kennedto at us.ibm.com
     Infrastructure Engineer