[openstack-dev] [Designate] PTL Nomination

Graham Hayes ghayes at suse.de
Thu Aug 3 16:30:01 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I would like to nominate myself as PTL for the Designate project for the
Queens Cycle.

I have been a developer on the project since Grizzly and served as PTL
for the
Mitaka, Newton and Ocata cycles.

My main aim will be to build up contributors to the project,
while keeping the project stable.

We missed the WSGI App goal, and barely got the python 3.5 goal
complete, so
as we already have all our tempest code in an external repo, I intend to
add
that as a priority.

With the advent of Zuul v3, we have an opportunity to expand our
testing, and
as part of that, we should aim to add more complex scenarios to our testing
like:

1. Mixed Driver environments (one pool using powerDNS, one using Bind)
2. Multi DNS Server environments
3. Upgrade testing

We also need to expand the number of tested drivers, and ensure non free
drivers
have a clear owner, and are tested. We also need to add clear install /
configuration documentation per driver.

Finally, I want to ensure that the optional OpenStack DNS InterOp
program is
implemented, and complete for the next InterOp version.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and your interest in the
project.

- Graham Hayes