[openstack-dev] [docs] [training-guides] Moving from Hieroglyph for rendering slides

Pančur, Matjaž Matjaz.Pancur at fri.uni-lj.si
Thu Aug 3 16:18:31 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Andreas filed a bug report [1] that can impact what will we use to render slides for Upstream University and other training related slide material in the future. We’ve already had many discussions at Training guides meetings about moving to some other more actively maintained/developed framework for slides.

We were leaning towards adopting a widely popular Reveal.js [2]. On the downside, that probably also means that we will have to convert slide material from RST to MD, as RST is not directly supported. With a shrinking (Docs&Training guides) contributors, that could be a problem.

Any other ideas or preferences?

Cheers,
Matjaz

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-training-guides/+bug/1708240