[openstack-dev] [QA] Queens PTL candidacy

Andrea Frittoli andrea.frittoli at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 14:01:27 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I’d like to announce my candidacy for PTL of the QA Program for the Queens
cycle [0].

I served as PTL for QA during the Pike cycle, and I would be honoured to
continue to do so in the next six months.

After a few years working with the OpenStack community, I continue to find
it an exceptional experience and great opportunity for meeting and working
with great people, learning and innovating.

My priority is to provide, as a QA team, an excellent service to the
OpenStack community: stable gates (based on the great infrastructure
maintained by the infra team); easy to use and well documented tools to
enable project teams to achieve their quality goals; support and attention
to the community needs.

We have limited resources to achieve all that and I would like to counter
that by:
- mentorning new and existing contributors
- investing in automation to make the day to day maintainence less onerous
- making QA tools beneficial beyond OpenStack to attract contributors from
  other communities

Thank you!

Andrea Frittoli (andreaf)

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/490477/