[openstack-dev] string freeze exception for VMAX driver

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 00:42:56 UTC 2017

I am not sure who is responsible to respond to string freeze
exception, but I will comment it as my hat of the i18n team.

Looking at "cinder" translation status [1], the best progress is ~73%
and 718 of 2932 message are remaining. In other languages the progress
is lower. Adding two new messages does not matter. Removing messages
has no problem. I see no blocking issue in this request.

In addition, I think the i18n team focuses on dashboard translations
and server projects are less focused for translations. IIRC the I18n
team discussed an idea to announce the i18n team focus on translation
to let server projects be free from string freeze around the beginning
of the Pike cycle but I am not sure it is announced or not.

Thanks,
Akihiro

[1] https://translate.openstack.org/iteration/view/cinder/master/documents?docId=cinder%2Flocale%2Fcinder&dswid=5769