[openstack-dev] [all] review.openstack.org downtime and Gerrit upgrade

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed Aug 2 22:57:17 UTC 2017

Hello,

The Infra team is planning to upgrade review.openstack.org from Gerrit
2.11 to Gerrit 2.13 on September 18, 2017. This downtime will begin at
1500UTC and is expected to take many hours as we have to perform an
offline update of Gerrit's secondary indexes. The outage should be
complete by 2359UTC.

This upgrade is a relatively minor one for users. You'll find that
mobile use of Gerrit is slightly better (though still not great). The
bug that forces us to reapply Approval votes rather than just rechecking
has also been addressed. If you'd like to test out Gerrit 2.13 you can
do so at https://review-dev.openstack.org.

The date we have chosen is the Monday after the PTG. The
expectation/hope is that many people will still be traveling or
otherwise recovering from the PTG so demand for Gerrit will be low. By
doing it on Monday we also hope that there will be load on the service
the following day which should help shake out any issues quickly (in the
past we've done it on weekends then had to wait a couple days before
problems are noticed).

If you have any concerns or feedback please let the Infra team know.

Thank you,
Clark