[openstack-dev] [nova][docs] Concerns with docs migration

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 16:02:59 UTC 2017

> Excerpts from Stephen Finucane's message of 2017-08-02 16:35:23 +0100:

>> > Are we going to document the python clients elsewhere then?
>>
>> I think the docs would go into the respective python clients docs?
>
> Right. I don't remember the details of the curl discussion, but I
> think what I was trying to say there was that the "nova" command
> line tool installed via python-novaclient should be documented as
> part of the openstack/python-novaclient repo rather than openstack/nova.
> A CLI reference for nova-manage, which I think is in openstack/nova,
> could be documented in openstack/nova.
>
> Basically, put the docs with the code, which is the whole point of this
> migration.

It is true for CLI reference.
The gray zone is CLI stuffs in the admin guide and/or end-user guide.
I think this is the point Matt raised.
cli-nova-* stuffs in the admin guide was per topic like launching instance,
migrating instances and so on. It is actually beyond the CLI reference to me.
It is about how to use specific features of nova.
IMHO this kind of stuffs can be covered by the admin guide or user guide,
so it fits into openstack/nova (or other server projects).

Akihiro