[openstack-dev] [release][ptl] new "linter" rules for openstack/releases repository

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Aug 1 18:07:37 UTC 2017

The release team is working on a series of patches to improve the
data validation within openstack/releases. Part of that work is to
apply consistent formatting rules for all of the YAML files, so it
is easier to build tools that automatically update those files. To
enable those consistent rules, we have had to "normalize" the use
of whitespace in a bunch of the existing files.

These changes mean that if you have built your own automation for
adding new releases, you might have to make adjustments. If you do,
please take the time to look at the tools within the repo (in
particular the new-release, interactive-release, and edit-deliverable
commands) to see if they meet your needs, or can be extended to do
so. There's not much point in all of us building our own tools. :-)

If you're curious about the actual changes, you can have a look at the
patch series for "queens-indentation" at
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/releases+topic:queens-indentation

Doug