[openstack-dev] [gnocchi] per-sack vs per-metric locking tradeoffs

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Sat Apr 29 12:12:46 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 28 2017, gordon chung wrote:

>>> refresh i believe is always disabled by default regardless of what
>>> interface you're using.
>>
>> You gotta to show me where it is 'cause I can't see that and I don't
>> recall any option for that. :/
>
> https://github.com/openstack/gnocchi/commit/72a2091727431555eba65c6ef8ff89448f3432f0
>

> although now that i check, i see it's blocking by default... which means
> we did guarantee all measures would be return.

I guess we misunderstood each other. What I meant originally is that we
did not have a flag to "disable its usage completely". Because from an
operator point of view it could be an easier way to provoke a DoS.

> hmmm. true. i'm still hoping we don't have to lock an entire sack for
> one metric and not return an error status just because it can't lock.
> doesn't seem like a good experience.

If you wait long enough, you always can return. :)

--
Julien Danjou
/* Free Software hacker