[openstack-dev] [tripleo] CI Squad Meeting Summary (week 17)

Attila Darazs adarazs at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 14:00:25 UTC 2017

If the topics below interest you and you want to contribute to the
discussion, feel free to join the next meeting:

Time: Thursdays, 14:30-15:30 UTC
Place: https://bluejeans.com/4113567798/

Full minutes: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-squad-meeting

Our meeting was an hour later as Gabriele's Quickstart Deep Dive session
was conflicting wiht it. The session was excellent and if you didn't
attend, I'd highly recommend watching it once the recording of it comes
out. Meanwhile you can check out the summary here[1].

= Quickstart Transition Phase 2 Status =

We estimate that the transition of the OVB jobs will take place on *9th
of May*. The following jobs are going to switch to be run by Quickstart:

* ovb-ha
* ovb-nonha
* ovb-updates

The -oooq equivalent jobs are already running close to the final
configuration which gives us good confidence for the transition.

= Smaller topics =

* Sagi brought it up that openstack-infra's image building broke us 2
times in the last weeks, and it would be nice to find some solution for
the problem. maybe promoting those images too? Sagi will bring this
topic up at the infra meeting.

* The OVB based devmode.sh is stuck because we can't use shade properly
from the virtual environment, this needs further investigation.

* How we use featuresets: Wes brought it up that we are not very
consistent with using the new "featureset" style configuration
everywhere. Indeed, we need to move to using them on RDO CI as well, but
at least their use in tripleo-ci is consistent among the transitioned jobs.

* Wes suggested to develop a rotation for watching the gating jobs to
free up developers from constantly watching them. We need to figure out
a good system for this.

Thank you for reading the summary.

Best regards,
Attila