[openstack-dev] [cinder] Is Cinder still maintained?

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Thu Apr 27 14:55:53 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 27 2017, Gorka Eguileor wrote:

Hi Gorka,

> So, you mention that the feature has been there for a while, but funny
> enough documentation has not been updated and it's still reflecting it
> should be done how we are doing it in Cinder [1].

As I replied on the review, thanks for the catch, I've sent a patch to
update it:
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/460615/

> As far as I can tell looking at Tooz's code for the heartbeat it doesn't
> do the same thing our code does, because it doesn't reconnect on
> failure...  Am I missing something?

As I replied on the review, the reconnection is handled by tooz drivers
directly, so there should not be any need to handle it in the
application. Otherwise, it'd be considered as a bug in tooz (which is a
possibility, who knows).

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou