[openstack-dev] [cinder] Is Cinder still maintained?

Gorka Eguileor geguileo at redhat.com
Thu Apr 27 14:23:23 UTC 2017

On 27/04, Julien Danjou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've posted a refactoring patch that simplifies tooz (read: remove
> technical debt) usage more than a month ago, and I got 0 review since
> then:
>
>   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/447079
>
> I'm a bit worried to see this zero review on such patches. It seems the
> most recently merged things are all vendor specific. Is the core of
> Cinder still maintained? Is there any other reason for such patches to
> be ignored for so long?
>
> --
> Julien Danjou
> // Free Software hacker
> // https://julien.danjou.info

Hi,

Patches usually get attention, you may have been unfortunate, and it's
faster to ask for eyes on IRC than here anyway.

So, you mention that the feature has been there for a while, but funny
enough documentation has not been updated and it's still reflecting it
should be done how we are doing it in Cinder [1].

As far as I can tell looking at Tooz's code for the heartbeat it doesn't
do the same thing our code does, because it doesn't reconnect on
failure...  Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Gorka.

[1]: https://docs.openstack.org/developer/tooz/tutorial/coordinator.html