[openstack-dev] [heat][ironic][tripleo] ironic resources in heat

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com
Thu Apr 27 06:39:51 UTC 2017

HI all,

from some conversations I had during Pike PTG and recently in IRC I
understood that the need for ironic resources in heat has arisen again. I
remember back when it was proposed for the first time there was some
opposition from ironic community (although I personally find it reasonable
to have those) but AFAIU this is no longer the case.

I would gladly revive old Steven Hardy patches [0] (have them starred on
Gerrit since then :) ) and make it happen if there are no objections.

I also see that the spec itself to this regard has been recently
re-proposed [1], so if someone is already working on those, I'm
volunteering to help with it with my both ironic and heat hats on :)

[0]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/heat+topic:bp/ironic-resource
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/393108/

Cheers,