[openstack-dev] [nova] Owners needed for approved but orphaned OSIC blueprints

sfinucan at redhat.com sfinucan at redhat.com
Wed Apr 26 09:54:58 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-04-24 at 16:45 -0500, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> With the recent unfortunate news about OSIC ending abruptly and
> several Nova developers no longer being able to work on the project,
> I wanted to go over the list of blueprints which were approved for
> Pike and which now no longer have an owner. I am starting this thread
> to look for owners for each blueprint. If you have questions about
> picking one up but you're maybe too shy to ask questions about it in
> the mailing list, feel free to email me directly or send me a private
> message in IRC. The list is in no particular order.
>
>https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/live-migration-per-
> instance-timeout
>
> This is not started but there is a spec with the design.
>
>https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/remove-discoverable-
> policy-rules
>
> This is not started but is a specless blueprint that is straight-
> forward.

I've been keeping a close eye on 'bp/policy-docs' reviews and will do
so for this too. Looks like an easy win for this cycle.

> * https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/remove-nova-cert
>
> This is not started but should be pretty straightforward, and has a
> spec with the details.
>
> * https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/ironic-rescue-mode
>
> The nova side of this is dependent on Ironic changes which were owned
> by OSIC developers. So the nova blueprint is effectively blocked now.
>
> * https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/live-migrate-rescued-in
> stances
>
> This is started, and was picked up from some work started by HPE in
> previous releases. I'm not sure what state it is in however.
>
> * https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/policy-docs
>
> Most of this is done. There might be a few more non-discoverable
> policy rules that need documentation, but I haven't gone through
> what's left in detail yet.
>
>https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/prep-for-network-aware-
> scheduling-pike
>
> I'm not sure if John is going to continue trying to work on this or
> not yet, but I think it would probably be good to get a helping hand
> here regardless as it's stalled since Newton (really due to lack of
> reviews).
>
> * https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/use-service-tokens-pike
>
> This was started and made progress in Ocata but needs someone to
> take over the remaining changes. This overlaps somewhat
> with https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/use-service-catalog-
> for-endpoints.
>
> * https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/centralize-config-
> options-pike
>
> This is an ongoing multi-contributor effort. Stephen Finucane would
> be a good organizer here if no one else is interested in formally
> "owning" it.

Yeah, I can organize/"own" this. I think it's pretty much done, with
only ongoing deprecation efforts to keep an eye on. Be prepared for the
 inevitable review requests though, heh.

>https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/live-migration-force-
> after-timeout
>
> This has been started but needs work. There is also a spec for the
> design.
>
> --
>
> If you are interested in owning one of these, please reply so I and
> others know, or contact me privately.

I'll take a look at a couple of others ones too post-forum.

Stephen