[openstack-dev] [Openstack] OpenStack-Ansible HA solution

Andy McCrae andy.mccrae at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 09:12:45 UTC 2017

Hi Maxwell,

> I have some questions about OSA project.
>

> 1.       OSA can install haproxy, but I can not found any other HA
> solution in openstack-ansible-haproxy_server, like keepalived or
> pacemarker. So how to making HAproxy high-available?

Take a look at:
https://docs.openstack.org/developer/openstack-ansible-haproxy_server/configure-haproxy.html#making-haproxy-highly-available
that will give you some direction on how to set that up!

> 2.       Could OSA support compute node high available? If my compute
> node down, could the instance on this node move to other nodes?

This wouldn't specifically be OSA as such - the configuration side of it
could be set up by OSA, such as configuration options, shared storage
required. However the automatic evacuation of instances, or migration of
instances wouldn't be handled by OSA or anything that OSA deploys.

I hope that helps! If you have any more questions, or need further help
getting set up with OSA feel free to drop by the #openstack-ansible channel
on Freenode IRC.

Thanks!
Andy