[openstack-dev] [neutron] neutron-lib impact: neutron.callbacks moved to neutron-lib

Boden Russell bodenvmw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 16:21:47 UTC 2017

If you work on a neutron sub-project that uses neutron.callbacks, please
read on. If not, it's probably safe to discard this message.

We've been talking about it for awhile, but it's finally coming to
fruition; we're transitioning over to neutron-lib's callbacks.

To ease sync issues across projects, we've taken a happy-path approach
that stages the transition as described in the commit message of [1].

Suggested per-project actions:
- If you're a stadium project, you're likely already covered [2]. Just
help shepherd the patch through review and ensure there's no issues.
- If not and your project uses neutron.callbacks, consider moving over
to neutron-lib's callbacks in the near future. You can use the work in
[2] as reference.

Once we get projects moved over to neutron-lib's callbacks we'll be
deleting the neutron.callbacks package all together. We can discuss when
the "right time" is for this during our weekly neutron meeting.

Thanks

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/439146/
[2]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/message:%22+consume+neutron-lib+callbacks%22