[openstack-dev] [Openstack][Neutron] Add "port forwording" feature to floating ip

田明明 tianming20052004 at 163.com
Mon Apr 24 08:17:17 UTC 2017

Hi, all:
    I am considering adding  a  "port forwording" (or "port mapping") feature to floating ip.
   "Port forwarding" is such a feature, described as follows: when we receive a packet on a specific L4 (tcp/udp) port of a floating ip's port, we should forword the packet to another L4 (tcp/udp) port of
   an internal port (The internal port means one of the instance's port)。The L4 port of an internal port maybe the same or different with that of the floating ip's.
   A user can benefit from the "port forwording" feature when he has several applications but only has one floating ip.
   I am thinking  to add two new api interfaces to express this feature.  "PUT, /v2.0/floatingips/{floatingip_id}/add_portmapping" and "PUT, /v2.0/floatingips/{floatingip_id}/remove_portmapping".
   Is there anybody interested in this feature? I am expecting to your suggestions, thanks very much!