[openstack-dev] Affected by OSIC, Layoffs? Or want to help?

Lauren Sell lauren at openstack.org
Fri Apr 21 16:36:36 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

The Foundation wants to help any Stackers affected by recent layoffs such as OSIC get to the Boston Summit. There are companies hiring and we want to retain our important community members!

If you are a contributor who was recently laid off and need help getting to Boston, please contact me ASAP. We have a little bit of room left in our travel support block, and want to extend rooms and free passes to those affected to help if we can.

Amy Marrich also had a great idea for any of you frequent flyers interested in pitching in! Community members could offer up some of our personal frequent flyer miles to sponsor flights for these Stackers. I’d love to be the first...if you were laid off and need sponsorship for a flight, I’m willing to sponsor a round trip domestic flight or one-way international flight with my miles. Contact me.

Anyone else want to pitch in?

Cheers,
Lauren