[openstack-dev] [monasca][swift][storyboard] migration experience

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Apr 21 14:35:03 UTC 2017

On 2017-04-21 09:00:47 +0000 (+0000), witold.bedyk at est.fujitsu.com wrote:
> one thing which hasn't been migrated are the blueprints. We have
> noticed this after the migration. Storyboard team has said they
> had not planned on migrating blueprints because most of the
> projects use the specs server.

An option here might be to amend the migration script to also
create new stories from open blueprints and add a story tag like
"blueprint" to them. Part of the reason StoryBoard wasn't designed
with a separate blueprint feature is that its story model is
intended to be flexible enough to handle a lot of the same sorts of
use cases for which blueprints were used (since unlike LP, you can
have multiple tasks in a story for the same project without having
to predefine a separate branch or series).

But as you noted, the migration script didn't originally consider
blueprints because there was a general trend within the community to
move away from LP blueprints in favor of repos under code review
where they could curate more detailed and structured specifications
instead... so we weren't sure if anyone would still be using
blueprints at all by the time we were ready to start on the majority
migration.
--
Jeremy Stanley