[openstack-dev] [oslo] do we still need non-voting tests for older releases?

ChangBo Guo glongwave at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 08:04:35 UTC 2017

What the related thing I can remember is we discuss oslo libraries'
compatibility in [1], which was abandoned.
I made stable compat ocata jobs non-voting in [2], hope can revert when
related bug is fixed before.
But now, If we decide remove them, we don't revert anymore.

[1]  https://review.openstack.org/226157
[2]  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/448431

> I noticed again today that we have some test jobs running for some
> of the Oslo libraries against old versions of services (e.g.,
> gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-src-oslo.log-ubuntu-xenial-newton,
> gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-src-oslo.log-ubuntu-xenial-ocata, and
> gate-oslo.log-src-grenade-dsvm-ubuntu-xenial-nv).
>
> I don't remember what those are for, but I imagine they have to do
> with testing compatibility. They're all non-voting, though, so maybe
> not?
>
> Now that we're constraining libraries in our test systems, I wonder
> if we still need the jobs at all?
>
> Doug

ChangBo Guo(gcb)