[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-wg/news

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Thu Apr 20 16:30:36 UTC 2017

Greetings OpenStack community,

A bit of a lonely meeting today, as only cdent and edleafe were present for most of it, although having elmiko join at the end brightened all of our days. The main item of discussion was the status of the various project liaisons to the API WG [0], and how to handle that. edleafe agreed to ping the current liaisons to get an update as to their status.

Due to the lack of feeback from the liaisons, we agreed to postpone merging the three frozen guidelines for another week to make sure that there are no objections. After all, it was Easter and all, so perhaps lots of people are in chocolate-induced comas.

# Newly Published Guidelines

Nothing new this week.

# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze

Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.

* Define pagination guidelines
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/446716/

* Create a set of api interoperability guidelines
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/421846/

* Recommend the correct HTTP method for tags
  https://review.openstack.org/451536

# Guidelines Currently Under Review [3]

* Microversions: add next_min_version field in version body
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/446138/

* Mention max length limit information for tags
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/447344/

* Add API capabilities discovery guideline
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/386555/
  On hold.

* WIP: microversion architecture archival doc (very early; not yet ready for review)
  https://review.openstack.org/444892

# Highlighting your API impacting issues

If you seek further review and insight from the API WG, please address your concerns in an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list[1] with the tag "[api]" in the subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are facing.

To learn more about the API WG mission and the work we do, see OpenStack API Working Group [2].

Thanks for reading and see you next week!