[openstack-dev] [nova] Launchpad bugs cleaning day on Tuesday 4/25

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Apr 20 09:30:02 UTC 2017

On 20.04.2017 00:44, Maciej Szankin wrote:
> We are going to have a Launchpad bugs cleaning day for Nova on Tuesday 4/25.
>
> This day will be purely about cleaning the garbage out of the Launchpad -
> it is not the bug squashing day where people propose patches.
>
> If you are not familiar with bug triage, please refer to [1].
>
> As indicated by the dashboard [2] created by Markus, we currently have:
>
> * 75 bugs that are inconsistent
> * 44 bugs that are incomplete
> * 44 bugs that are stale incomplete
> * 170 bugs that are stale in progress
>
> We also currently have 787 open bug reports (291 confirmed, 63 new), which
> is a lot.
> Keeping the bug queue ordered is just as important as doing reviews and
> contributes
> to overall development of Nova.
>
> All help is more than welcome.
>
> [1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage
> [2] http://45.55.105.55:8082/bugs-dashboard.html
>
> Cheers,
> Maciej

You might also like to consider to expire some of the old bug reports
(>18months):
https://github.com/markuszoeller/openstack/blob/master/scripts/launchpad/expire_old_bug_reports.py

I did that back in July 2016 (be aware that some people may not like that):
http://openstack.markmail.org/thread/i4drtyqddluwnp2m

--
Regards, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)