[openstack-dev] [kolla] [daisycloud-core] [requirements] [magnum] [oslo] Do we really need to upgrade pbr, docker-py and oslo.utils

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Thu Apr 20 04:15:48 UTC 2017

Hu,

Kolla does not manage the global requirements process as it is global to OpenStack.  The Kolla core reviewers essentially rubber stamp changes from the global requirements bot assuming they pass our gating.  If they don’t pass our gating, we work with the committer to sort out a working solution.

Taking a look at the specific issues you raised:

Pbr: https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blame/stable/ocata/global-requirements.txt#L158
Here is the change: https://github.com/openstack/requirements/commit/74a8e159e3eda7c702a39e38ab96327ba85ced3c
(from the infrastructure team)

Docker-py: https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blame/stable/ocata/global-requirements.txt#L338
Here is the change: https://github.com/openstack/requirements/commit/330139835347a26f435ab1262f16cf9e559f32a6
(from the magnum team)

oslo-utils: https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blame/62383acc175b77fe7f723979cefaaca65a8d12fe/global-requirements.txt#L136
https://github.com/openstack/requirements/commit/510c4092f48a3a9ac7518decc5d3724df8088eb7
(I am not sure which team this is – the oslo team perhaps?)

I would recommend taking the changes up with the requirements team or the direct authors.

Regards
-steve