[openstack-dev] [ceilometer]Looking for endpoint where event passed after first time

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Wed Apr 19 22:11:50 UTC 2017

On 19/04/17 03:05 PM, Hui Xiang wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
>   I am posting some self-defined events to amqp ceilometer exchange
> notification topic, during the debug session, I find that at the first
> time, event are arriving at notification bus as the AMQPIncomingMessage,
> and then handled by EventsNotificationEndpoint() , however, the second
> time, neither the AMQPIncomingMessage or the EventsNotificationEndpoint
> can see it, but it does can list from ceilometer event-list. So I wonder
> how is the event processing with the same event type?

not sure what version you are using, but basic workflow since mitaka (i
think) is the notification agent listens to 'notifications.*' topics on
specific exchanges (including) ceilometer. for events, it attempts to
match incoming message against known events[1]. it will build event
based on definition. if there is no, definition, it will create a sparse
event with a few attributes. from there it is processed according to
pipeline[2]. you'll noticed by default it pushes to gnocchi so it won't
get stored in ceilometer/panko storage. you can edit it accordingly.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/ceilometer/pipeline/data/event_definitions.yaml
[2]
https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/ceilometer/pipeline/data/event_pipeline.yaml