[openstack-dev] [infra] Gerrit maintenance Friday, April 21, 20:00-21:00 UTC

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Apr 19 21:55:20 UTC 2017

The Infra team will be taking the Gerrit service on
review.openstack.org offline briefly between 20:00 and 21:00 UTC
this Friday, April 21 to perform some pending renames of Git
repositories. We typically also take down the Zuul scheduler for our
CI system at the same time to avoid unfortunate mishaps (and
reenqueue testing for any active changes once we're done).

The actual downtime shouldn't span more than a few minutes since
most of the work can now happen with our systems up and running, but
replication to git.openstack.org and github.com will lag while
Gerrit is reindexing so any activities sensitive to that (such as
approving new release tags) should be performed either prior to the
start of the maintenance window or not until after midnight UTC just
to err on the side of caution.

As always, feel free to reply to this announcement, reach out to
us on the openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org mailing list or in the
#openstack-infra IRC channel on Freenode if you have any questions.
--
Jeremy Stanley