[openstack-dev] [kolla][all] Core mentorship program kickoff

Michał Jastrzębski inc007 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 17:22:56 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

On todays meeting we officially started mentorship program in Kolla:)
If you are core or you are interested in becoming one, please sign up
on this etherpad

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kolla-mentorship-signup

Idea is to provide safe environment to ask questions, get feedback
from trusted person in core team and ultimately join core team.

Role of mentor is:
1. Make sure to review changes that your student reviewed, providing
feedback to his/hers review as well
2. Review changes your student proposed
3. Answer questions about review process, technical issues and stuff like that
4. Be a trusted friend in community:)
5. Ultimately, when you decide that your student is ready, feel free
to kick off voting process for core addition or let me know, I'll do
it for you

Role of student:
1. Review, review, review, your voice counts
2. Don't be shy to ask your mentor, either openly or privately
3. Care for project en large, care for code and community, it's your
project and someday you might be mentoring another person:)

I encourage everyone to take part in this program! This is just a
pilot, we're figuring it out as we go so help us evolve this effort
and maybe make it more cross-community:)

Regards,
Michal