[openstack-dev] [nova] Usability question for the server migrations API

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 21:01:01 UTC 2017

On 4/14/2017 3:36 PM, Mathieu Gagné wrote:

> Can I assume some form of advanced filtering will be proposed to
> ensure an instance doesn't end up with 1k records?
> One suggestion would be filtering by date or limiting the number of
> records returned.

The normal pagination filters could be implemented. By default all
results from the DB are restricted to 1000 based on the [api]/max_limit
config option.

We don't have the normal paging filters plumbed through down to the
database API, so that would be additional work. Would it be required on
the first pass here or is the default 1000 max limit OK for now? Will
someone resize or migrate a server hundreds of times? I guess a system
like Watcher could do that based on some policies.

As mentioned, the other obvious filters are type and status (type would
already be implemented for filtering in this new microversion as part of
that spec).

Matt