[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Questions for Candidates

German Eichberger German.Eichberger at rackspace.com
Wed Apr 12 17:26:00 UTC 2017

-What is one trait you have that makes it difficult to work in groups like the TC and how do you counteract it?
I am probably overly fascinated by new technology and would be the first to re-invent the wheel. I am probably in good company with that at the TC but I have internalized the lean startup mantra and started asking even if the technology is shiny does it really help our users? Does it enable new features? Does it take care of some tech debt?

- What do you see as the biggest roadblock in the upcoming releases for the TC?
I have seen budgets and priorities shift for companies sponsoring work on OpenStack. I see this as the biggest road block and as a community we need to do a better job to attract contributors and sponsors.

-What is your favorite thing about OpenStack?
The people. I have never met nicer and more dedicated people then the developers in OpenStack. This is also a main reason for running to give back and help them.

German

You all have proven yourselves to be crucial parts of the community and I just wanted to say good luck to each one of you in the upcoming election!

Also though, I thought it might be good to ask a few more questions. It's easy to talk about what you all want to champion on the TC and about the ideal breakdown of how you want to spend your time, but it's much harder to answer questions that might highlight some of the daily struggles. So! Interview time:

-What is one trait you have that makes it difficult to work in groups like the TC and how do you counteract it?

- What do you see as the biggest roadblock in the upcoming releases for the TC?
And one lighthearted question:

-What is your favorite thing about OpenStack?

Thank you for your answers!

-Kendall Nelson