[openstack-dev] [nova][api] quota-class-show not sync to quota-show

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 18:21:42 UTC 2017

On 4/11/2017 2:52 AM, Alex Xu wrote:
> We talked about remove the quota-class API for multiple times
> (http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-July/099218.html)
>
> I guess we can deprecate the entire quota-class API directly.

I had a spec proposed to deprecate the os-quota-class-sets API [1] but
it was abandoned since we discussed it at the Pike PTG and decided we
would just leave it alone until Nova was getting limits information from
Keystone [2].

I think the reason we probably missed this API was because of the really
roundabout way that the information is provided in the response. It
calls the quota engine driver [3] to get the class quotas. For the DB
driver if nothing is overridden then nothing comes back here [4]. And
the resources in the quota driver have a default property which is based
on the config options [5]. So we'll return quotas on floating_ips and
other proxy resources simply because of how abstract this all is.

To fix it, the os-quota-class-sets API would have to maintain a
blacklist of resources to exclude from the response, like what we do for
limits [6].

So yeah, I guess we'd need a new spec and microversion for this.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/411035/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/440815/
[3]
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/15.0.0/nova/api/openstack/compute/quota_classes.py#L67