[openstack-dev] [tc] [elections] Available time and top priority

Joshua Hesketh joshua.hesketh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 01:10:11 UTC 2017

Howdy,

To answer the original question, if elected, I should be able to commit at
least a few hours per day to the TC (if not more). I can also be quite
elastic in this being able to spend more time some weeks than others as the
role dictates.

My timezone is UTC+10 which makes the meetings at 6am. While not ideal I
can attend these meetings. I do, however, agree with the general discussion
about ensuring the meetings are accessible to all and would support an
alternating meeting time to make it easier for others to participate.

If elected to the TC I would like to help focus on strengthening our
engagement with neighbouring communities. To do this we need to solidify
our vision so that we better understand what role we play in the open cloud
world and how we can both leverage other projects and also give them a
platform to build upon. I want to see the core services continue to become
more stable and consistent to allow other applications, not even
necessarily within the OpenStack ecosystem, to build upon them. I am
excited by the draft version of the vision that has been set forward and I
want to do what I can to help us work towards that.

Cheers,
Josh