[openstack-dev] [horizon][nova][tc] nova-network deprecation in horizon

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 14:19:28 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com> wrote:
> (question not directly related to this topic)
> I am not sure there is a case where users still use API 2.36 for
> network management
> and newer API versions for other compute operation.

This is probably true for Horizon, where the app install likely
matches the cloud it is configured to use.  However, many other use
cases for the Python libraries are meant to talk to multiple versions
of clouds and the 8.0 release of novaclient causes problems there.

Even after nova-net support is EOL officially OSC plans to support the
use of nova-net for some time.  We are re-implementing the removed
functionality locally.  And anticipating some of the questions why,
consider an operator working on the long migration/upgrade from a
deployed nova-net cloud to a Neutron cloud, and needing to keep at
least one foot in both worlds.  There are other similar uses.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com