[openstack-dev] [tc] [elections] Available time and top priority

Amrith Kumar amrith.kumar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 13:31:03 UTC 2017

[Amrith Kumar] I have the (somewhat) luxury of being able to devote a significant portion of my time to activities of OpenStack and the technical committee in the new role that I will be entering into. I will therefore be able to devote at least 20% of my time to activities related to the technical committee.

The one initiative that I would drive would be to build community for projects that (like Trove) face a declining participation, and are facing the same kind(s) of challenges when it comes to the mechanics of reviewing changes, keeping up with the rest of OpenStack, and continuing to make forward progress on their own deliverables.

It will be part of my new role to establish a core group of OpenStack talent who will participate in a number of projects (including, of course Trove). This initiative is not something new for me, I've been doing this for some time now. I gratefully acknowledge the help I've received in this area from many in the community, and most of all from dims (also candidate for election to the TC this cycle, please also vote for him) and want to build a larger group of motivated contributors who are willing to take time out of their schedules and participate in the effort of growing the community and the leadership. I've been participating in the activities of the SWG (since its inception) and I see this not so much as an 'election campaign' but rather a continuation of what I've been espousing for some time now.

The success of OpenStack in its mission to be the ubiquitous cloud computing platform depends in large part on the vibrant community in all of the projects that form part of OpenStack, not just the high profile ones. For this mission to be fulfilled, it will be essential that this community which has been weakened by recent corporate redirections be rebuilt through the introduction of new participants and participating companies.

> Thanks in advance for your answers !

[Amrith Kumar] Thanks for the question.