[openstack-dev] [oslo][kolla][openstack-helm][tripleo][all] Storing configuration options in etcd(?)

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Fri Apr 7 15:16:34 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 7:08 PM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Emilien Macchi's message of 2017-04-06 18:17:59 -0400:

>> > Replying here becasue I like the proposal, I like what Monty said and I also
>> > like what Doug said. Most of the issues and concerns have been covered in
>> > this
>> > thread and I don't have much else to add other than +1.
>>
>> The one-million-dollar question now is: what are the next steps?
>> It sounds like an oslo spec would be nice to summarize the ideas here
>> and talk about design.
>>
>> I volunteer to help but I would need someone more familiar than I am with Oslo.
>> Please let me know if you're interested to work on it with me
>> otherwise I'll chase chase some of you :-)
>
> I can help from the Oslo side.

I've resurrected an old spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/243114/
- addressed some comments and put TODOs that Doug and I will work
together.
The target is set to Queens but we might provide some proof-of-concept
during Pike to make progress.
TripleO project is very interested by this feature and I'm pretty sure
other deployment tools might be too. Any feedback on the work here is
more than welcome!

Thanks,

> Doug
>

>> Thanks for the nice discussions here, I think we've made good progress.

>> > Which is probably different than mine :)
>> >
>> > --
>> > @flaper87
>> > Flavio Percoco

Emilien Macchi